Thursday, July 26, 2012

the sisterhood of the traveling pants

Okay, so we don't have a pair a pants we all share (although i bet we could find some capris that fit Allissa and Meggie. And then Rachelle and I could wear them as pants.) :) but we do have the friendship that the girls in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants have; one that no matter where we travel or end up, we will still know what the other is up to and how the other is doing. 

Our friendship includes:
Allissa: the oldest of us all. She is very talented in almost anything she tries, but especially singing, cooking, organizing, working hard, sewing, and caring about people. Allissa is studying family and consumer sciences education and will be interning this next year for Alpine District, teaching 7th and 8th graders. Allissa and I ran hurdles together in High School and kept each other sane when we were so exhausted after a workout or nervous for a race! Allissa is really good at hurdles and equally good at running long distances.

Then there's Rachelle: the animal expert. Rachelle knows a lot about a lot of things; especially animals. I love having conversations with her because I always learn something new. Today I learned that sea lions have the equivalent aggressiveness as a bear! Rachelle loves to listen to people, is not afraid to say hello to a stranger, and truly cares about people around her. She also loves the outdoors and is way good at running. Rachelle and I have been friends since 4th grade and have been there through every heartbreak, hard-earned achievement, and finding true love. :) She is not sure what she wants to study, but is leaning toward community health. 

Meggie: the youngest, and first to get married. Meggie is also very good at running (are you noticing a trend yet?) Meggie introduced me to the show, Monk and now I've seen almost EVERY single episode! Meggie is really good at making people laugh, working hard, giving good advice, and knowing how to be strong in hard times.  Right now she is studying dietetics at BYU and is very supportive of her husband who just got accepted into Med school! 

All three of these girls have taught me so much and have always been there for me no matter what! It is so rare to find friends like them and I'm so lucky they keep me around. :)

Today I got to see all three them! At the same time! We went to Zupas and enjoyed a delicious meal while catching up. 

Leah. Rachelle. Allissa

Rachelle. Allissa. Meggie
Rachelle is so cute when she laughs!!

Besties

 Okay! Last thing. Just real quick. Isn't my husband so cute trying to find The Hobbit at the UVU library?

We couldn't find it... :(


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to talk about the importance of good friends in Primary tomorrow. I'm so grateful for these girls, the ones from your ILP experience, and for you finding your best of best friends while working at Brick Oven. :) Hope Ammon is enjoying the copy of the book from dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have wonderful friends. I was never close to anyone. That is why I believe in visiting teaching so much. I have friends from church that I know I could call on if I needed to. I am a solitary person so it is hard for me to reach out. BUT I am doing better and so happy that my grandchildren are so loveable that they attract good persons. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...