Saturday, October 20, 2012

enjoy exercising

On Thursday I spent a few hours reading various blogs. One of my favorite blogs to read is written by my good friend, Molly Miner. She has been an inspiration to me ever since rooming with her in Idaho a few years ago. Also, she and her husband are so fun and they have the cutest little girl so it's easy to see why I can spend multiple minutes adoring over her blog.

Anyway! As I was skimming through her blog, I came across a post she wrote titled Do It Now. If you have a chance, you should read it! She starts off by saying if we even have the slightest inkling to exercise to do it right away. Because it's so easy to talk ourselves out of exercising. But she also mentions that we won't regret if we do. The thing that stood out to me was when she wrote, "how long does 30 minutes of exercise take? 30 min. ;)" And that really hit me! Lately I haven't been too excited to run because I feel like I have to run further and faster than I did last time. But after reading her post, I realized that how far and fast doesn't matter. What's important is that I just do it.

Then she challenged her readers to make it a goal to exercise 5 times a week for a month. After I read that, I was motivated. I had no excuse. In my head I said, "Darn you Molly, now I have to run. :)" I ran for 30 minutes on Thursday and I didn't worry about where I was going or how slow I was. It allowed me to enjoy exercising! Anyway. I'm officially starting my goal this Monday. So wish me luck. :)

This idea of not worrying how far and fast also applies to daily scripture study. It doesn't matter how far you read or when you finish. What matters is that you read until you feel inspired and then apply it to your life. Remember to enjoy the journey and not focus on the finish line-even with the little things we do every day.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...