Friday, August 17, 2012

liebster award!

I got my first blog award! from Sara at 

Life of a Med School Wife
(Make sure to show Sarah some lovin at her super cute blog.)

The award is called the Liebster award. Liebster is a German word that means sweet, kind, nice, dear, beloved, lovely, valued and welcome. (Or so I've heard.)  :)


Here are the rules:


1. Post 11 random facts about yourself. 

2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.

3. Choose 11 deserving bloggers (or as many as you can) and tag them in your post. (REMEMBER!! The people that you tage HAVE to have less than 200 followers).

3. Tell them you've tagged them. 

4. No tag backs.

5. Display this picture on your blog:




11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I was born in Arlington, Texas
2. I can average about 80 words per minute when typing
3. I love reading Young Adult Fiction books more than any other kind of book
4. I lived in China for 4 months to teach English
5.  I'm pretty good at Super Smash Bros 
6. I love playing sports, but when it comes to Tennis, I'm a complete wimp
7. I get overly giddy when I watch the Olympic 100 meter hurdles 
8. I played flute for 4 years and remember just enough to play Church Hymns
9. I'm terrible at choreographed dancing, but I don't hesitate to bust out my own moves when there's a good beat
10. I'm a descendant of Jacob Broom, who signed the United States Constitution
11. I'm a firm believer in living life the fullest by looking at every situation with optimism. Everything happens for a reason. Trials can drag you down or make you a better person-it's your choice.

Questions Sara asked me:

1. What was your happiest moment? 
As cliche as this may be, it was that moment where I sat across from my husband in the sealing room, where we were sealed husband and wife for eternity. 
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I loved building things. So as soon as I learned what an architect was, that was my dream career!
3. Favorite dessert?
Farr's frozen yogurt, hands-down.
4. Who is the most influential person in your life?
Probably my best friend, Rachelle. She is the most loving, humble, and sincere person I know and I still strive every day to have those attributes. 
5. Embarrassing moment?
When I knocked over the dirty sample spoons at an ice-cream store. The spoons landed in a few of the ice cream containers.
6. What is your favorite outfit? 
A baggy t-shirt and skinny jeans. :)
7. Why did you start blogging?
As stated in my first ever blog entry: "I am super excited to officially start a blog. There are too many streams of "ah-hah" moments and creativeness trapped in my head that needed to come out. So here I am."
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself done with school. I see myself with at least one year of teaching experience behind me. I see myself with at least 3 kiddies. I see myself living in a house and not an apartment. 
9. One thing you always keep on hand/in your purse?
Chap-stick!!
10.  What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
I uh... have many pet peeves. And one of my biggest pet peeves is when there are two sounds going on at the same time. (i.e. a movie in one room and music blaring in the other room)
11. If you could travel to one place, where would it be?
Anywhere in Africa!

People I nominated:
Rachelle @ Sing Out Loud
Jessica @ Love, Love, Love

Now that I've nominated you, don't hesitate to pass on the liebster award. And don't forget to answer my questions. Trust me, it's the cool thing to do. :)

My questions for you:
1. Where are you sitting right now? Describe your surroundings.
2. Do you still own something you've had since you were a child? If so, what is it?
3. Favorite crayon color?
4. When have you felt proud of yourself?
5. What is your favorite physical feature about yourself? (And if you can't think of a favorite, then what do people compliment you on a lot?)
6. What is something you know to be true? (Even if other people try and tell you it's not true)
7. Look at your i-tunes playlist. What is your most played song? (And no lying!) :)
8. Favorite vacation spot?
9. Favorite quote or scripture?
10. What is something you always make sure to grab before you leave the house?
11. Favorite picture book?

Have fun!! And let me know if you have any questions!

x0xoX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...