Sunday, September 23, 2012

the men in my life

Today I attended the Brigham City dedication with my family. 
 My mom couldn't find her recommend so I sat with my 3 brothers, my husband, and my dad. {My brother Taylor was visiting from Ephraim.}
As I looked down the row at the men in my life, it hit me how lucky I am to have each of them in my life. They mean the world to me and they've each played a part in who I am today.

First, there's my husband Ammon. There is so much to say about him that he deserves a post all to himself. {But I'll save that for later} 
I am more open-minded because of Ammon. He has broadened the way I look at the journey of life and the people I'm surrounded by. I used to be so scared to talk to people who were different than me. But Ammon has taught me how to be friends with anyone! 
I'm also a more contemplative, more insightful, and the happiest I've ever been because of Ammon.

Then there's Taylor. I am goofy because of Taylor. It's just what we do best when we're together. :)

Then there's Ryan and Daniel. Those two are the biggest goof balls. Sometimes they drive me crazy if I spend too much time with them, but I am extremely protective of them. They sometimes struggle socially and academically in school. I get so worked up when I think of other kids picking on my brothers. Ryan and Daniel can't help the way they act sometimes. And Ryan, before we adopted him, his life was no walk in the park. People act the way they do for a reason. And I will never ever allow the "different" kids in class to be made fun of under my watch. That kind of kid goes home and tries to pretend it doesn't happen. But it does. And I won't stand for it.

Then there's my dad. We are as opposite as day and night. Needless to say, we don't always get along. But I love him. And I know he loves me. My dad is always willing to help me out the second he thinks I might need something. I love that about him. He is also very hard-working. I get my creativity, organization, and desire to serve because of him. 

I'm so grateful for the men in my life.

Daniel and Ryan are making the EXACT same face!! Haha!
Ryan's just so excited for the dedication



                                                                                                                                                    

My wedding day :)



Honeymoon in Zion :)




2 comments:

  1. Same men that are in my life and I love them, too. Your dad is my best friend. Taylor treats me with respect and I really appreciate that. Daniel is my huggy bear and can always cheer me up. Ryan is full of knowledge and willingness to learn. We both love the meanings of words. They lift my spirits when I am down. Love them all - and you. And for my daughter, Jennifer, who made them all possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for you and for mom so that they could all be in my life as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...