Saturday, May 11, 2013

i have two amazing mothers!

Tomorrow is mother's day. I have been looking forward to writing this post for a long time. But before I begin writing, here are some feel good quotes about moms that I found on pinterest. 







 There are two very amazing women in my life whom I call mom. First, there's my mom-the one who miraculously birthed me after a traumatic delivery. {you can ask her about that next time you get a chance} 


My mom has always been there for me. Especially during my dramatic teenage years. I remember just running to her bawling about boys and she always knew exactly what to say. She was always willing to stay up late just to talk, even though she had to work early the next morning. 

My mom taught me many important things. Like grammar. She's the reason I correct people's grammar in my head all the time. (I used to do it out loud but I started losing friends... haha) 

My mom taught me the importance of being honest. Her motto was always this, "Honey, is it worth your eternal salvation?" Nope. Even the smallest lies are certainly not worth my eternal salvation- that's what she taught me. 

My mom taught me the power of prayer. One day we were driving in a really scary rain storm when the wipers stopped working. She turned to me and asked me if I wanted to say a prayer and ask for them to start working again. I remember telling her that I didn't have enough faith and that she should say the prayer. So she did. And as soon as she said, "amen" the wipers started working again. 

I love my mom. God sent me to her for a reason. 

The other amazing woman I call mom is my mom-in-law. She has taken me under her wing as soon as she met me. She sincerely cares about me and gives me great advice on life. It's really easy to call her mom.
She is strong, hilarious, and I love her. 


Both these ladies are going to make amazing grandmas and I'm excited to know that they will be there for me  and Ammon forever. :) Happy mother's day to the two most amazing moms I know! 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Leah! What a wonderful tribute! You are so sweet. And Jenny, you must have been an amazing mom, because you have an amazing daughter. (Leah, are you saying in your head, that it is in bad form to start a sentence with the word "and"?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Leah! You will be an amazing mother someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, you have always been such a blessing to me. Thank you for this sweet tribute. As my firstborn, you had to put up with my learning curve in mothering. You taught me so much, loved me so much, helped me become a better mother. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I'm so grateful she has you as a mother-in-law! I look forward to the years of sharing our children's lives and becoming good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to my great- grandbabies.....knowing that you two ladies will be wonderful grandmothers to them. You are both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...