Monday, January 7, 2013

yesterday

Today was the first day of school which means yesterday was the last day of Christmas break. Yesterday was a great day. When yesterday was all said and done, I felt very content with how it was filled. To begin, it was the first sunday in a year that I didn't feel guilty for sleeping in (yay for 11:00 church), then i went to church and made a couple new friends, then back home where I began the task of making homemade bread. Before yesterday, I had tried making homemade bread probably 7 or 8 times. And I kid you not... all 7 or 8 of those times ended in disaster. Sometimes I would curse the heavens above asking why I couldn't make homemade bread. BUT THEN, yesterday, I found this recipe. And I did it... I, Leah Ruth Lott, made a successful batch of delicious homemade bread! I even ground up my own wheat to do it. {Ammon's mom gave me a wheat grinder} So there you have it folks, if you struggle making homemade bread like I did, you should try out this recipe!

Here's me grinding some wheat



Tuh-Duh!!

While making bread, I also made terryaki chicken for dinner. Then Ammon and I had FHE for the first time since being married (It is our goal to have it every week this year), then Nephi came over and we played lots of game (I finally won Monopoly), and then Ammon made us a cookies and cream milkshake for dessert. I can't think of a better way of spending my last day of Christmas break. And today wasn't too bad either. So far, I am really liking 2013. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you meant content not contempt. Funny! I was thinking of making bread, too. I used to make it every day a long time ago. It was when the Dallas temple was being built and we had 3 workers staying with us in our little apartment. We had moved into the Arlington apartment from Las Vegas (one of many times). On our trip to Texas we stopped at a roadside restaurant and let Jennifer's cat out but she was on her leash. Her name was Rosie. She ran away and we looked for a long time but could never find her. I learned you have to be very careful when you are taking a cat cross country. Your mom was very upset and I felt horrible. Tales from the crypt. Love, Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...