Thursday, January 10, 2013

operation smile

I'd like to say I came up with the title for this blog post all on my own-That I'm writing about a deep thought I had on smiling more or something along those lines. But that's not exactly what happened. Instead, what happened is that I came across a very inspiring organization, which is sometimes just as cool. It is called Operation Smile.


Operation Smile is the largest volunteer-based surgical cleft organization in the word. If you get a chance, visit their website and find out what exactly it is that they do and in turn, what you can do. (You'll also get to see Tony Hawk as an old man!) wink, wink
Anyone can make a difference for a child-just like other people did for Diana

Watch the following video and hopefully you'll feel inspired like I was.
Wasn't that great? And guess what! It is very easy to donate. Just hop on the website, click the "donate" tab and fill out your card information like you would if you were online shopping. Come on ladies, if we can take the time to buy girly stuff online, then we can take the time to help someone out, right?
So do it!

Oh and another thing. I recently found out that Campus Book Rental donates a portion of each textbook rented to Operation Smile. So it's a win-win if you're really tight on money during school.
Here's what Campus Book Rental is all about:

I think one of the best things about Campus Book Rental (besides donating to Operation Smile) is that if you need to drop your class for any reason, or don't need the book any more, you can return the book back within 30 days for a full refund-no questions asked! I don't know about you, but I feel so much better knowing I'm not stuck with a book.

Anyway. Thank you for reading this blog post. I really hope you will take a chance to learn more about Operation Smile and donate if you can! I donated 10 dollars and I know by itself, it's not enough to pay for surgery, but if all those who are reading this post donate 10 dollars, then (if my math is correct) {I usually get about 25 views per post} that is just enough to pay for surgery. So let's do it ladies! (And gentlemen) let's make a difference in someone's life!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Leah Beah. This is so sad for those sweet kids. And it's definitely inspiring that something like this is happening for the cause. I love you and your thoughtful self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the advertisements on tv for this organization - Operation Smile. Your heart just goes out to those babies. Good job on telling others about it. You are definitely a very thoughtful granddaughter. Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...