Saturday, August 30, 2014

Annual fireworks with Dad

For as long as I can remember, my dad goes all out when it comes to fireworks. 
Here's 2013 & 2012.
This year we had to do them on a Sunday.
Ammon and I worked every Friday night, Saturday night, and Monday night. So it was literally the only day we could do it. My family was so sweet to accommodate to our schedule.

So on July 25th, my dad hosted his annual firework show.

Opening a gift from my grandma before doing fireworks



Oh those boys.

Mosiah all ready to watch the fireworks

Getting the fireworks ready at Mapleton Jr. High




Nephi jumping over the firework



He does this every year.



Daniel jumping over the firework. Monkey see, monkey do.







I swear this never got old. 




Our fireworks abruptly ended when the cops showed up.
There were quite a few angry nearby residents.
The cop said we had to do our fireworks somewhere else because a public school is private property during the summer.
Yeah, okay.
We were all bummed. Just when we were getting to the good stuff.
So we packed up all the fireworks-never to be used again until next year.
Next year we won't do it on a Sunday. I think people get a lot more upset about fireworks on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...