Sunday, August 3, 2014

brianna

My best friend, Brianna is moving to Vegas tomorrow to be a teacher!!
I'm so excited for her to start this new phase in her life, but of course I wish she was staying here to teach.

When it comes to the stages of mourning, I'm still on the first step. Denial.
For example. The other day, I went to Zupas with Brianna and our friend Brittany. When we were there, we talked about everything! From, being a teacher, being pregnant (Brittany's pregnant and due very soon!), to being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; we covered it all.
At one moment, we started talking about hiking Timp. I excitedly announced that Ammon and I were hiking Timp next Tuesday. Afterwards, I said, "you guys can come!" But then I realized that Brittany was way too pregnant so of course she couldn't come. I turned to Brianna and said, "But you can come! Matt too if he wants to." Brianna responded, "I'll think about it." I smiled and said, "You really should! Just let me know if you decide on coming." Brianna responded once again with, "I'll think about it." But this time she was giving me a look that said something else. FINALLY, after who knows how long, she had to really get my attention and said, "Leah, think about it." All this time, she wasn't saying she'd think about it, she was telling me to think about it. And so I did. Of course she couldn't come... she wouldn't be here. :(
Like I said, denial.

I helped her move yesterday and, even then, it still didn't feel like she's really leaving.
I don't think it will hit me until I have to say goodbye.

I am so lucky to have Brianna as my best friend.
The story of how we became best of friends is a good one.

When I was applying for the elementary education program at UVU, there was a really nice girl with really, pretty long hair in my interview group. As each of us introduced ourselves, I found out that the really nice girl with the really pretty, long hair was getting married the same day as me! And she had a GORGEOUS ring. That's all I remember. Then I forgot about her.

Then I got married and started my program. In the Elementary Education program at UVU, each student is assigned a cohort- a group of students you are stuck with the whole program. Meaning, you have every single class with them. (Side note: I loved my cohort. I will never forget each and every one of them. 2 years is a long time.) For the first few weeks, I mostly talked to Michelle, a mom in my cohort who had been in my math class the semester before. When Ammon and I first got married, we didn't have a car. (It killed over at the very end of our honeymoon.) So Michelle started giving me rides home. Michelle found out that another girl in our cohort was biking to and from school (which, by the way, I tried it once. It took me 45 min to bike there. And 45 min to bike back. It is not an easy bike ride.) so Michelle started giving both of us rides home (we lived really close to each other) At first I didn't recognize her as the girl in my training group because she had cut her hair super short. But I finally figured it out.  Anyway, as I got to know this girl more, of course I'm talking about Brianna, we learned that we had a lot in common. Not only did we get married the same day, but the story of how and when we got married were very similar. We instantly connected. Then we started riding the bus to and from school together and our friendship grew ever since.

I have so many good memories with Brianna.
We had one of our practicums together way back in 2013

We were hiding Easter Eggs for the Kindergartners to find

We were sad because it was our last day

Brianna left this outside my door once.

It was so nice of her! Plus the cupcakes were delicious!

Summer 2013.

We took these pictures just after shooting for a music video. Brianna edited it and it turned out amazing!


Halloween 2013

She's from Adventure Time. I was a confused old lady.

Brianna was starting to show just a little by this time.

Vising Brianna at the hospital. Lawrence was less than a day old and I got to hold him!

Graduation day!

50s party at Brick Oven

haha!

Turning in our Two Weeks together

I hosted a yard sale. Brianna helped advertise it and stayed the whole time! 

Last day at Brick Oven

Haha! I love both these girls!

Covered in Whip Cream! (Tradition at Brick Oven)


I can be my complete self with her.
She brings the goofy side out of me.
With all the crazy things going on in the world right now, she does not let all that is happening compromise what she believes in. We share the same beliefs and I really value that in our friendship.
She is brave.
She works harder than anyone I know.
She is the sweetest, most loving mother.
She is an astounding wife!
She knows just what to say to cheer me up.
She is honest. I never doubt her sincerity with me.
We have so much in common.
We think alike.
We can confide in each other for anything.

We will be friends forever. I truly believe we were put in each other's lives for a reason.






I love you, Brianna! I'm going to miss you like crazy, but I know that you are only a text, phone call, or facebook chat away! Plus we have that conference coming up in October.... I'm dreading it too, but at least we get to see each other! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice tribute to a very nice person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have a friend like that. She will be a friend for life and after. Stay close. Both teachers! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...