Saturday, May 3, 2014

graduation


Well. I did it. I received my Bachelors degree in Elementary Education!
Okay, one more time because it feels so good to say it in my mind:
I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education!!
That's one more thing I can cross off on the marriage bucket list.
It was not an easy path. Don't get me wrong, I love school. I've always been weird like that. 
But there were certainly times I wanted to give up or pick a different career path. 

To sum up my experience while at UVU, I have decided to write an acrostic poem.

Getting myself out of bed every single day of class, even with no sleep or when it was freezing cold outside.
Reading text book after text book after text book.
Accumulating various classroom supplies, lesson plans, or materials just in case I would need them later. (They are literally taking over my apartment as we speak.)
Dedicating many hours of my time toward planning lessons and group presentations.
Understanding 99% of what my professors were saying.
Allowing myself to cry every now and then.
Teaching hundreds of children, whose faces I will never forget.
Initiating lasting friendships
Observing and getting observed like you wouldn't believe.
Never giving up even when I really wanted to.


The following pictures beautifully illustrate the day of my graduation. (A special thanks to my dad for taking most of them!)



Just after walking

Go me!

Dual Immersion buddies during student teaching

I would not have graduated without the support of my amazing parents


This handsome man of mine has been there every step of the way while attending UVU.
He was (and still is) always there to listen to me during my failures and there to cheer me on during my successes.
I love him.

Our good friend, Doug. His mom was so sweet to give me a lei. 
The whole group. I'm so grateful to each of them for coming to support me. 



Ammon's sibs. 

My cute parents walking back to the car.

Opening my gift at Zupas. 

We went and saw Spider Man 2 afterwards.

But first we hit the arcades while we were waiting for the movie to start.

Proudly displaying my achievements at the end of it all.
At the end of the day I also ran a 5k with Ammon and his family. 
The blog post on that event can be found here

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is a huge accomplishment and it must feel so good! You are absolutely beautiful, and I am so happy Ammon has you (I sound like a mom...whatever ;) You guys are so wonderful to support each other in your goals. Can't wait to see what is next with your teaching adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked good in your green! Ammon's turn! Looking forward to you retiring from teaching when you are 65!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...