Monday, August 12, 2013

my wedding day

I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden I am nervous that one day my apartment will catch fire while I am away and I will lose all of my journals with precious memories. And all that will be left is my blog. Which takes care of everything after I got married, but not the actual day of my wedding. The solution is simple: Put it on the blog. When the end of the world comes and all that's left is cyberspace, I will still have access to my thoughts on the best day in the whole wide world.

Saturday, May 12th 2012 (We got married on April 28th 2012)

Well. Time to tell about my wedding day. The night before, I drove to my Aunt Laura's house. My little cousin, Ceaira, let me have her room and bathroom for the night. My Aunt Laura and Uncle came and talked with me for a few minutes and then I hit the sack. Surprisingly, I was able to fall asleep fairly quickly. The next morning, I woke up early, feeling very nervous! But not in a bad way. Just the unsure-of-what-to-expect kind of nervous. So I prayed and felt much better! I was starting to get really excited! Then I showered and waited for a co-worker, Kamren to arrive so she could do my hair and make-up. Luckily, she arrived early and even brought her friend Jenny to help out. The two of them did my hair and make-up and it was absolutely perfect! 

Then I followed my mom and dad to the temple. I was really nervous and excited when the temple came into view. As I was trying to find a parking spot, I drove past Ammon who had just parked his truck. Oh man! I was so excited to see Ammon! And he looked so dang handsome! Then I finally found a parking spot on the other side. I got to the temple and joined Ammon, his parents, and my parents, where we presented our recommends. Then it was time to get ready for the ceremony. Once Ammon and I were both ready, our sealer pulled us aside and reviewed our info and made sure everything was correct and then we entered the sealing room. It was so good seeing all of our family and friends. Everyone seemed so happy to see us. Our sealer then gave us some advice before performing the ceremony. 

I can't share everything that happened in that room, but I can share this: The spirit was so incredibly strong that day and I knew I had made the right choice to get married in God's temple. Nothing can replace the joy and peace I felt when I knelt across the alter, looking at Ammon, and being sealed together. It is my hope that my future children choose to get married in the temple too. I know it is difficult at times. (Like seriously, I know how hard it is) but it is so worth it and it is possible with the atonement to overcome any obstacles that prevent us from going to the temple. 

Anyway. Back to my wedding day. After the ceremony it was time to get ready to exit the temple and see everyone. Once I was finally ready, I watched as my parents walked out of the temple with their arms in the air, holding hands. 
Then it was mine and Ammon's turn. The moment I had always been waiting for. We walked out of the temple and it was so good seeing all of our friends and family lined up, smiling, pointing, and taking pictures of us. It was like I was in a dream. 
Then all of the sudden, Ammon was being bombarded by his cousins. 
Then all of my best friends and bridesmaids ran up to me. It was so good having all of them there. 
After more hugs and congratulations, it was picture time. That was interesting. So much of Ammon's family was there. They were probably 70% of everyone there. Needless to say, pictures with his family were bigger than with my small amount. 
Ammon's family
My family

 But it was still so great. My closest family members were there and that's what matters.





 After may group photos, Ammon and I took pictures just the two of us.





Then it was time for the luncheon! 
The luncheon was one of my favorite parts. All of our immediate family was there and bridesmaids and groomsmen. 

[insert whatever details you want here]

I was a little nervous driving to the reception, because I didn't know what to expect. But when I got there, I was so surprised and shocked! It looked so gorgeous and better than what I had in mind. My aunt Laura and a ward member hung up all the frames I had painted and she hung up pictures and the tables were so perfect. I felt like a princess touring the new castle she's going to be staying in. 


The reception went very well. It was so good seeing so many people I hadn't seen in a while. My favorite was Ammon's little cousin who kept staring at me and my dress like I was the prettiest thing she had ever seen. I loved it! 






At the end of the reception we were sent off  with bubbles and a car filled with balloons.
  It truly was the perfect day. It was the best day I've ever had. 

2 comments:

  1. 100% teared up reading this! So so so cute! Love your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May forget a lot in my life as I get "oldtimer's disease" but I will never forget your wedding day and the love between you and Ammon. Thank you both for loving me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...