Saturday, June 2, 2012

perspective

in the movie, Ratatouille, a hard-to-please food critic orders some  fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective
he is given ratatouille, a dish that brings him back to moments spent in the kitchen during his childhood
this pleases him and he gives an astounding review

a few weeks later, i was swinging on a swing with my head upside-down
i've always done this, but never really knew why
then it hit me, i did it because because i saw things with a new perspective

a few weeks after that i was pondering in the temple, and again, the word perspective stood out to me
i prayed to see things how God wants me to see things
i prayed my perspective would be changed with his help
then maybe the things that i have been worrying about might go away

right now, i am looking back and i see that this prayer is being answered
my perspective is changing!
negative thoughts are hard to replace; especially the ones about yourself
but i feel different. better. and i'm so grateful for the gospel that is helping me gain a new perspective on things





1 comment:

  1. I love this post.
    Gets me thinking I may need to adjust my perspective on life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...