Sunday, February 17, 2013

how to plan a bridal shower in less than 24 hours

So my very bestest friend in the whole wide world {besides Ammon} is getting married so soon!! And get this! ----> her soon-to-be-husband is cousins with my husband!! We always joked that we were family in High School, and now we really will be family. :)

Anyway, because she is marrying into my husband's family, I wanted to throw her a shower with all the lovely ladies on Ammon's side. And even though I set the time and place way in advance, I didn't actually start doing the planning until the day of!

Here's how:

Step 1. Log onto pinterest
Step 2. Type in the following phrase: "bridal shower games"
Step 3. Find a few you like (but don't pin them because then the bride-to-be might see what you're up to!) Here are a couple I decided to use

   
                     






                 


                        
                              


                                    

Instead of writing advice on paper, have the guests write advice on wooden spoons. Put them in a large jar and label it: "Recipe for a good marriage." 

Instead of having the guests just watch the bride open presents, give them bingo cards beforehand. They fill in the blanks with things they think the bride will open. Prizes are awarded to those who get bingo. 

Step 4. Buy and gather all the needed supplies. I got the wooden spoons at Wal-Mart {4 for $0.89} and then I made my own bingo cards on Word. For the decorative supplies, I found everything I needed at the dollar store. Oh how I love that store! :)                      





















Step 5. Arrive early enough to set up everything.
Step 6. Greet the guests. Be flexible. Don't plan too much that you don't leave the guests any time to ask the bride-to-be questions or mingle with one another. Relax and have fun!

Now, you're probably wondering about the food. That part shouldn't be left until the day of. Don't worry, I made sure to do that part in advance. :)  For food, I made a sign-up and asked for volunteers. Luckily many of the guests were really sweet and helpful and offered to bring many delicious contributions.

I think the party went well. It helps when the bride-to-be is really easy-going and sociable with everyone. I'm lucky to have her as my best friend.


Another fun game is interviewing the groom beforehand. Ask him questions about the bride. If his answer matches her answer, then she gets a piece of candy, if they don't match, then she gets punished! (Gum, marshmallows, sprayed with silly string, etc.) I guarantee you will get a few sighs and laughs from the girls as they get to know more about the soon-to-be-married couple!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a blast, so much fun and well planned! Great job Leah, I'm sure Rachelle loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah!!! This is amazing! Looks like so much fun! And Rachelle is so lucky to have you as a best friend! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of this post is "step one, log into Pinterest." What did we ever do without it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better believe I'm referring back to this bidness!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Thanks for sharing these ideas on planning a bridal shower. Will definitely use these tips as I am planning my cousin’s bridal shower and already booked one of common venue Houston. Hope all my efforts will be appreciated and loved by her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...