Saturday, January 10, 2015

christmas day with my family

Christmas morning, Ammon and I woke up to a beautiful, white Christmas. Our apartment was filled with the smell of biscuits and the sound of last-minute gift wrapping. As soon as the biscuits were done, we drove over to my parent's house at about 8:30 a.m. 
The first thing we saw? Dead Frosty! 

Then the stockings. 
 After enjoying a delicious biscuit and gravy breakfast (mom made the gravy), it was time to open our gifts!
My cute mom with her new scarf from Grandma

Dad opening my gift

Daniel. I love this picture because there's a picture of Taylor in the background on the computer screen.


Gifts from grandma! She got me a scarf, a wallet, and a fitbit that I am still learning how to use. :)

A gift from grandma. The label made me so happy.

A gift I made my mom

More from grandma. We LOVE our new Dinnerware!



The rest of the day was spent making ornaments, watching Timmy's gift, relaxing, talking with my mom for an hour or two, and then NOT driving as much as possible. The plan was to visit my family in Riverton but the snow was so bad, we had to opt out. Then, my favorite part of the day came at 7:00, when I got to see and talk to my brother, Taylor on Skype. Right now he is serving an LDS mission in Washington. Man, it was good seeing him! I miss him more than I thought I was going to. But I see how much he is growing up and how happy he is and I know he is exactly where he should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...